- Application Deadline :
June 20th, 2020
- Term Begins :
- Duration :
from 2.5 or 3 years
Non-Chinese citizen in good health; between 18 and 35 years old with Bachelor’s Degree
Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering,Biology and Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology
Five disciplines being ranked among the top 1% under a global benchmark, namely Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering, Biology and Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology in accordance with the Essential Science Indicators（ESI） Database created by the Institute for Science Information （Thompson ISI）.
Chemical Engineering and Technology Program
The Chemical Engineering and Technology Program has successfully passed the review of ABET（Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology） in 2014 and becomes the first university in China that has passed the accreditation.
School of Business
（Association of MBAs）accreditation with a 5-year-term validity in 2012 and 2017. In 2015,it has been awarded the certificate of Chinese Advanced Management Education Accreditation（CAMEA）.
2020 Master Programs
|Schools & Website||Master Programs （Chinese-taught）||
|School of Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering and Technology||check||3|
|Oil and Natural Gas Engineering|
|School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering||Inorganic Chemistry||check||3|
|Fine Synthetic Chemistry & Molecular Engineering|
|Advanced Materials and Fabrication Technology|
|School of Biotechnology||Biology||check||3|
|Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|
|Biotechnology and Bioengineering|
|School of Mechanical and Power Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||check||3|
|Power Engineering and Engineering Thermal Physics|
|Safety Science and Engineering|
|School of Materials Science and Engineering||Chemistry and Physics of Polymers||check||3|
|Materials Science and Engineering|
|School of Information Science and Engineering||Information and Communication Engineering||check||3|
|Control Science and Engineering|
|Computer Science and Technology|
|School of Resources and Environmental Engineering||Thermal Energy Engineering||check||3|
|Environmental Science and Engineering|
|School of Pharmacy||Pharmaceutical Engineering and Technology||check||3|
|School of Science||Mathematics||check||3|
|School of Business||Applied Economics||check||2.5|
|Management Science and Engineering|
|International Trade Science|
|Science of Business Administration（International Management）|
|School of Social and Public Administration||Sociology||check||2.5|
|Land Resource Management|
|School of Art Design and Media||Design||check||2.5|
|School of Law||Science of Law||check||2.5|
|School of Foreign Languages||English Language and Literature||check||2.5|
|Japanese Language and Literature|
|Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in Foreign Languages|
|School of Sports Science and Engineering||Sports Humanities and Sociology||check||2.5|
|Higher Education Research Institute||Higher Education||check||2.5|
Note: The study length is subject to change according to the latest cultivation scheme of each program.
For New Students
· Chinese Government Scholarship （Bilateral Program）
Applicants shall apply to the governmental institutions or the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in the home countries. Please consult local relevant department for application date.
· Chinese Government Scholarship （University Postgraduate Program）
Applicants shall apply directly to ECUST. The application begins in January and ends in April. （See http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/ for details） The agency number of ECUST is 10251.
· Shanghai Government Scholarship
Applicants must apply directly to ECUST by completing the online application （at www.study-shanghai.org）before May of the year and mailing the application materials to the Admissions Office of College of International Education. Application date is from March to May each year.
For Enrolled Students
· Graduates Academic Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually based on students’ general academic performance.
· Scholarship for Publication in High-level Journals
This scholarship is awarded annually in accordance with standards set for publication in high-level academic journals.
1. Copy of Passport Information Page
2. Certification of the highest education, transcripts and HSK 4 Certification （Chinese-taught majors）. Applicants whose native language or official language of the home country is not English should submit proof of English language proficiency in order to apply for English-taught programs （TOEFL≥70， IELTS≥6 or other proof of English proficiency）
3. Acceptance Letter （If obtained）. For those who have not received the acceptance letter from supervisor, CIE will contact the appropriate school to arrange.
4. Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）. Applicants for the graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）. This should be a minimum of 800 words.
6. Other supporting documents （e.g. published papers, awards & certificates）
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy）, （written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/index.php ）; The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
* If applicants have already obtained a Pre-admission Letter from ECUST, please attach the copy to the application materials
* Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English Translations.
* Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by the current school to prove the current student status and expected graduation date. If applicants are admitted, the photocopy of the degree certificate shall be sent before registration.
Applicants shall provide any other additional documents not mentioned above if asked.
Please arrange and print the materials in the above order. Whether or not the application is successful, the application documents will not be returned.
How to Apply
Step 1. Apply online
Please register and login ECUST online application system （http://apply.ecust.edu.cn or https://ecust.17gz.org）, choose “Undergraduate Student” option in the column, then fill out the application form and submit online application.
Step 2. Pay application fee
Once online application is reviewed and approved, a notification would be delivered through the system. As required, please pay application fee by bank transfer in time. Then Login in your account and upload the receipt of bank transfer or pay in person at Room 108, Lizhi Building.
Step 3. Get admission letter and JW202 visa form
Upon receiving the payment, the Admission Letter and JW202 Visa Application Form will be issued and sent to mailing address after admitted.
All courses of graduate program are taught on Xuhui campus.
Enrollment & Registration
1. Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China （Form JW202） will be issued and sent to applicants after successful applications.
2. Admitted applicants should submit their passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form （Form JW202） to the Chinese embassy （or the Chinese Consulate General） in their home countries to acquire a student visa. Applicants should register at the Admission Office of College of International Education within the registration period and apply for a Shanghai Residence Permit to the Exit- Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau in accordance with related regulations.
Tuition & Fees
For Master Program（RMB）
Tuition（per academic year）
Insurance（per academic year）
* Application fee is non-refundable, which should be paid when submitting the application materials.
* Tuition should be paid annually at one time upon registration at the beginning of each academic year.
Account Name : EAST CHINA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Account No. : 033296-08017003862
Bank Name : Agricultural Bank of China, Xuhui District, Caoxi Sub-branch
Bank Address : 30 Tian Yao Qiao Road, Shanghai, China
SWIFT Code ： ABOCCNBJ090
Remittance Remarks : APPLICATION NUMBER
Admission and Academic Affairs Office of College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 106 LiZHi Building, 130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, 200237, P.R. China
Postal code: 200237