2021 ECUST Postgraduate Program Admission Guide for International Students
Ⅰ Prospective Applicants
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health both mentally and physically with a degree （Bachelor’s degree for Master applicants, Master’s degree for Ph.D. applicants） and meet the language requirements.
2. Chinese-taught Program: Applicants should meet the minimum requirements of HSK 5 for 210 or HSK 6 for 180.
English-taught Program: Applicants should meet the minimum requirements of TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.0, or have studying experience of English-taught program.
Native English speakers do not need to submit the English proficiency certification.
Ⅱ Application Deadline
1. For scholarship and self-sponsored: 1st December, 2020 ~ 10th April, 2021.
2. For self-sponsored only: 11th April, 2021 ~ 20th June, 2021.
Ⅲ Major List of Postgraduate Programs for International Students
Master Program: The duration of program for master students is 2.5-3 years, with a maximum of 5 years; the course credits are valid for 5 years since the enrollment, please refer to msg.php?id=17 .
Doctoral Program: The duration of program for Ph.D. students is 3-4 years, with a maximum of 6 years; the course credits are valid for 6 years since the enrollment, please refer to msg.php?id=18 .
Ⅳ Introduction for ECUST Postgraduate Scholarship Programs
1. Chinese Government Scholarship Program
（1） Bilateral Program
（2） EU Program/ AUN Program/ PIF Program/ China Young Leaders Scholarship （ACYLS） program
1. Chinese Government Scholarship - Chinese University Program/ Belt and Road Program/ Sino-American Degree-study Scholarship Program
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship
3. ECUST President Scholarship Program （Only for PhD Students）
*Please refer to the Chinese Government Scholarship （CGS） official website and the notice from your home country’s local international student dispatch department which in charges of CGS opportunities, to learn more about application details and requirements of Chinese Government Scholarship-Type A.
*The information of Chinese government scholarship-Type B, Shanghai Government Scholarship and ECUST President Scholarship will be notified separately.
Ⅴ Application Checklist
1. Copy of Passport Information Page.
2. Certification of the highest education, transcripts.
3. HSK Certification （within 2 years）; English language proficiency or other proofs.
4. Acceptance Letter （If obtained）.
5. Two Recommendation Letters. Applicants for the graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors. **Recommendation Letters should be issued after 1st September 2020 and contain the following information: title, institute, contact information, email and signature of the recommender.
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 800 words. .
7. Other supporting documents （e.g. published papers, awards & certificates）
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy can be downloaded from http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/index.php ）; the physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please plan your physical examination schedule carefully as the result is valid for only 6 months.
* If applicants have already obtained a Pre-admission Letter from ECUST, please attach the copy to the application documents.
* Only accept Chinese or English documents, if not, please submit translated one.
* Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by the current school to prove the current student status and expected graduation date. If applicants are admitted, the photocopy of the degree certificate shall be sent before registration.
In addition to the above application materials, supplementary materials shall be provided when necessary.
Ⅵ Application Procedures
1. Submit application online: Login to the ECUST online system http://apply.ecust.edu.cn or https://ecust.17gz.org, select “ONLINE APPLICATION- Self-sponsored- Doctoral Student/ Master Student”, and submit application materials according to the system prompts.
*All applicants （self-sponsored or scholarship） are requested to submit application as Self-sponsored. Each applicant applies only once, please do not make duplicate applications.
* Please fill in the "Education Background", "Employment Background", "3 Recent Visas to China" （if have） according to the actual situation. Please bring the original relevant certificates and supporting materials for inspection when you register.
2. Please pay the application fee of 600 CNY.
If you are unable to pay online, please transfer the application fee to ECUST official bank account and upload the remittance receipt in the system before submitting your application.
—If only for Self-sponsored Program
After paying the application fee, please download the <ECUST Application Form for International Students Admission> form and sign for confirmation.
—If for Scholarship Program
a. Chinese Government Scholarship Program
（1） Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country for CGS opportunities;
（2） Contact CIE to obtain a Pre-Admission Notice;
（3） Login tohttp://www.campuschina.org （CGS Information Management System for International Students） to submit the online application, you are suggested to select East China University of Science and Technology from Application Institution I, download of the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Login http://www.campuschina.org （CGS Information Management System for International Students） to submit the online application （The agency number of East China University of Science and Technology is 10251）, please download the <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> and sign for confirmation.
b. Shanghai Government Scholarship
Login http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ （Study in Shanghai Website） to submit application online, please download the <Shanghai Government Scholarship Application form for International Student> and sign for confirmation.
c. ECUST President Scholarship （PhD）
Follow the same procedure as the Self –Sponsored Program. Please be sure to mark out “I also would like to apply for ECUST President Scholarship” in SectionⅤ of Application Materials - 6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
3. Please send application form to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the last application step, detailed requirements are as follows:
Email subject should be your Application No. in ECUST system + Names of applied scholarships, like 20200400001+CGS+SGS+ECUST President. Email attachments should be the application form in ECUST application system and corresponding scholarship application forms one by one. As for ECUST president scholarship applicants, please also send the study plan with ‘I also would like to apply for ECUST President Scholarship’. The first page of published or accepted papers can also be attached.
**NO OTHER APPLICATION MATERIALS NEEDED!
**REMEMBER TO SIGN AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL THE FORMS！
*Admission and Academic Affairs Office will review your application within 5 working days after receiving the application fee. We may arrange the corresponding interview, please pay attention to the email information. After confirmation of admission, the admission notice and visa application form will be mailed or picked-up within 10 working days.
Ⅶ Fees and Payment
Application Fee：600 CNY
Insurance Fee：800 CNY /Year
Accommodation Fee：60 CNY/Day
1. Master Program
Chinese-taught Program：28000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：34000 CNY /Year
Major of Arts： 30000 CNY /Year
2. Doctoral Program
Chinese-taught Program：35000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：42900 CNY /Year
1. Online Payment
WeChat Pay/ Ali Pay
Visa/ Master/ Jcb （Handling fees at your own expense）
2. Bank Transfer
Account Names：EAST CHINA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Bank Name：AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA, Xuhui District, Caoxi Sub-branch
Bank Address：No.30 Tian Yao Qiao Road, Shanghai, China
Remittance Remarks：Application Number
* 1 US Dollar=6.5 RMB, equivalent US dollar remittance is accepted.
* Application fee paid upon submitting the application materials is non-refundable.
* Annual tuition fee should be paid upon registration at the beginning of each academic year.
Ⅷ Something else need to pay attention
1. Applicants should ensure that the application information and documents provided are true and accurate, once the admission office or relevant departments verify that anything in the application is fake, the applicant will be disqualified.
2. After admission, students may not register at two schools at the same time, which will result in cancellation of their study status.
3. Application documents will not be returned, regardless of whether the application is successful or not.
4. Students must register in the duration specified by the university. If fail to report to the university after the deadline, students will be regarded as having automatically given up their student status and will be disqualified from receiving the scholarship. Those who have retained their enrollment status will not be eligible for the scholarship.
5. Scholarship recipients are required to participate in the annual scholarship review. Students who fail in the review will have their scholarship eligibility suspended or cancelled; also, major or study period are not allowed to be changed.
Ⅸ Contact Us
Admission and Academic Affairs Office
College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 106 LiZHi Building, 130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, 200237, P.R. China
Postal code: 200237
Tel: 0086-21-64253279（Master, Ms Ji） /64253709（PhD, Mr Zhou）