2020 ECUST Postgraduate Program Admission Guide for International Students
For Master Program: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35, healthy, non-Chinese citizen with Bachelor’s Degree or above.
For Doctoral Program: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 40, healthy, non-Chinese citizen with Master’s Degree or above.
2. Application Deadline
1） For scholarship and self-sponsored: 20th December, 2019 ~ 10th April, 2020.
2） For self-sponsored only: 11th April, 2020 ~ 20th June, 2020.
3. Major List of Postgraduate Programs for International Students
Master Program: 2.5~3 Years, please refer to msg.php?id=17.
Doctoral Program: 3~4 Years, please refer to msg.php?id=18 .
4. Introduction for ECUST Postgraduate Scholarship Programs
1） Chinese Government Scholarship Program
（1） Bilateral Program
（2） EU Program/ AUN Program/ PIF Program/ China Young Leaders Scholarship （ACYLS） program
1. Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program/ Belt and Road Program/ Sino-American Degree-study Scholarship Program
2） Shanghai Government Scholarship
3） ECUST President Scholarship Program （Only for PhD Students）
*Please refer to the Chinese Government Scholarship （CGS） official website and the notice from your home country’s local international student dispatch department which in charges of CGS opportunities, to learn more about application details and requirements of Chinese Government Scholarship-Type A.
*The information of Chinese government scholarship-Type B, Shanghai Government Scholarship and ECUST President Scholarship will be notified separately.
5. Application Materials
1. Copy of Passport Information Page
2. Certification of the highest education, transcripts and HSK 4 Certification （Chinese-taught majors）. Applicants whose native language or official language of the home country is not English should submit proof of English language proficiency in order to apply for English-taught programs （TOEFL≥70， IELTS≥6 or other proof of English proficiency）
3. Acceptance Letter （If obtained）. For those who have not received the acceptance letter from supervisor, CIE will contact the appropriate school to arrange.
4. Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）. Applicants for the graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）. This should be a minimum of 800 words.
6. Other supporting documents （e.g. published papers, awards & certificates）
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy）, （written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/index.php ）; The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
* If applicants have already obtained a Pre-admission Letter from ECUST, please attach the copy to the application materials
* Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English Translations.
* Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by the current school to prove the current student status and expected graduation date. If applicants are admitted, the photocopy of the degree certificate shall be sent before registration.
Applicants shall provide any other additional documents not mentioned above if asked.
Please arrange and print the materials in the above order. Whether or not the application is successful, the application documents will not be returned.
6. Application Procedures
1） Submit application online: Login to the ECUST online system http://apply.ecust.edu.cn or https://ecust.17gz.org, select “ONLINE APPLICATION- Self-sponsored- Doctoral Student/ Master Student”, and submit application materials according to the system prompts.
*All applicants （Self-sponsored or scholarship） are requested to submit application as Self-sponsored. Each applicant applies only once, please do not make duplicate applications.
2） Pay the application fee of 600 CNY and upload proof of payment.
—If only for the Self-sponsored Program
After paying the application fee, please print the <ECUST Application Form for International Students Admission> form and sign for confirmation. This form and all other application materials, in duplicate, and within in the specified time period, should be mailed or submitted to the College of International Education （CIE） of ECUST （refer to "Contact Information" below for the mailing address）
—If for a Scholarship Program
a. Chinese Government Scholarship Program
（1） Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country for CGS opportunities;
（2） Contact CIE to obtain a Pre-Admission Notice;
（3） Login tohttp://www.campuschina.org （CGS Information Management System for International Students） to submit the online application, you are suggested to select East China University of Science and Technology from Application Institution I, print a hard copy of the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Login （CGS Information Management System for International Students） to submit the online application （The agency number of East China University of Science and Technology is 10251）, print and sign <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship>, submit all of your application documents in duplicate to CIE, ECUST before the deadline.
b. Shanghai Government Scholarship
Login http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ （Study in Shanghai Website） to submit application online, print a hard copy of <Shanghai Government Scholarship Application form for International Student>, and submit all of your application documents in duplicate to CIE, ECUST before the deadline.
c. ECUST President Scholarship （PhD）
Follow the same procedure as the Self –Sponsored Program. Please be sure to mark out “I also would like to apply for ECUST President Scholarship” in SectionⅤ of Application Materials - 5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
*Admission and Academic Affairs Office will review your application within 5 working days after receiving the application fee. We may arrange the corresponding interview, please pay attention to the email information. After confirmation of admission, the admission notice and JW202 form can be mailed or picked-up.
7. Fees and Payment
Application Fee：600 CNY
Insurance Fee：800 CNY /Year
Accommodation Fee：60 CNY/Day
1. Master Program
Chinese-taught Program：28000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：34000 CNY /Year
Major of Arts： 30000 CNY /Year
2. Doctoral Program
Chinese-taught Program：35000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：42900 CNY /Year
Payment Methods：Cash, WeChat Pay （onsite only） and Bank Transfer.
Account Names：EAST CHINA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Bank Name：AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA, Xuhui District, Caoxi Sub-branch
Bank Address：No.30 Tian Yao Qiao Road, Shanghai, China
Remittance Remarks：Application Number
* 1 US Dollar=7 RMB, equivalent US dollar remittance is accepted.
* Application fee paid upon submitting the application materials is non-refundable.
* Annual tuition fee should be paid upon registration at the beginning of each academic year.
8. Contact Information
Admission and Academic Affairs Office
College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 106 LiZHi Building, 130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, 200237, P.R. China
Postal code: 200237