Implementation Regulations on Scholarship for ECUST International Chinese Language Students
Chapter One General Principles
Article 1 In order to encourage international students of Chinese language to study diligently and actively, to learn Chinese as well as learn about Chinese culture, and to continue their Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral studies at ECUST, CIE hereby sets the scholarship for international Chinese language students (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship) and formulates the following implementation regulations.
Article 2 The scholarship will be awarded once per semester, the evaluation of which adheres to the principles of “openness, fairness, and standards first”.
Chapter Two Awardee’s Eligibility and Quota
Article 3 The prospective awardees should be international students who study Chinese at the Chinese Language Teaching Center of CIE, ECUST.
Article 4 The following three types of international students will not be considered for this award: international degree students who audit Chinese language courses, international students who receive any form of scholarship from Chinese government, enterprise or university, and international exchange students who are exempt from tuition fees.
Article 5 There is no limit to the number of awardees. Strict review and assessment procedures must be followed in accordance with the award criteria to ensure the awardee’s eligibility.
Chapter Three Scholarship Type and Amount
Article 6 Scholarships will be categorized into two types: “Academic Excellence Award” and “Degree Study Award”. The award amount is as follows:
1. Academic Excellence Award: 1,000 RMB.
2. Degree Study Award: 2,000 RMB.
Chapter Four Qualifications
Article 7 Qualifications required for the “Academic Excellence Award”:
1. Continue to learn Chinese for the next semester in ECUST;
2. The attendance rate of all Chinese language courses during this semester should be no less than 90%, and the comprehensive score of each course reach 90 or above;
3. Comply with Chinese laws, university rules and regulations, interact with teachers and students with courtesy, and actively participate in various activities held at ECUST.
Article 8 Qualifications required for the “Degree Study Award”:
1. Apply and be accepted for undergraduate and postgraduate programs next semester at ECUST;
2. The attendance rate of all Chinese language courses during this semester should be no less than 90%;
3. The comprehensive score of each course should reach 80 or above; or pass the HSK test (HSK level 4 is required for science and engineering majors, HSK level 5 for liberal arts majors);
4. Comply with Chinese laws, university rules and regulations, interact with teachers and students with courtesy, and actively participate in various activities held at ECUST.
Article 9 Scholarships shall not be obtained at the same time.
Chapter Five Review Procedures
Article 10 For scholarship review, CIE will establish the panel composed of leaders of the College, Director of the Chinese Language Teaching Center, Director of the Admission and Academic Affairs Office, student counselor, and representative of Chinese language teachers.
Article 11 After the final exam at the end of the semester, the panel shall preliminarily shortlist award winners based on attendance rate and test scores of the international Chinese language students, and the award criteria. At the beginning of the second semester, final winners of the scholarship will be determined based on the actuality of registered students.
Article 12 The panel shall submit the final list of winners to CIE’s Party-Government Meeting for approval. CIE will then publicize the approved list, notify the winners and issue the scholarships and award certificate.
Chapter Five Supplementary Provision
Article 13 The regulations will be implemented since the date of promulgation, and CIE shall be responsible for interpreting the specifics.
College of International Education
October 23 2018
***This translated file serves only as the reference of corresponding Chinese file.