'Stories of ECUST International Students'Essay Competition
The year 2017 is the 65th anniversary of the founding of ECUST. In the past 6 decades, ECUST has educated tens of thousands of international students from over 140 countries. International students with expectations in academics and dreams in success leave their home countries to ECUST and every one of them has a unique story about China and ECUST in their precious youth. To celebrate the universities’ 65th anniversary, ECUST College of International Education set the “Stories of ECUST International Students” Essay Competition and all students, teachers and alumni of ECUST are welcome to join.
1. Story of Me & ECUST: The wonderful stories of study, growth and lives of International students in ECUST. (International students or international alumni only)
2. Story of Dream: The meaningful memories during study in ECUST and the stories of achieved dreams after graduating. (Alumni only)
3. Story of Me & International Student: Stories between teachers, students and international students in ECUST. (All teachers, students and alumni)
All teachers, students and alumni of ECUST
March 20th –May 20th, 2017
1. Write an essay or poem closely related to “ECUST international students”, telling a true story with real and positive feelings.
Words limit: About 1500 words.
2. Language: Chinese、English、Chinese-English bilingual、Other languages-English bilingual
3. Provide two or three photos reflecting the story or author’s life with descriptions. International alumni are expected to provide one or two photos reflecting life in ECUST and recent life. Photo Format: JPG Size Limit: no less than 1MB.
4. The story must be original without plagiarism.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Deadline: May 20th, 2017.
Please email your story/essay/poem with photos to email@example.com
Contact: Ms. Lin Ying, 64252371.
1. First Prize: 3; Second Prize: 5; Third Prize: 10; Honorable Mention: several. Certificates and Awards will go to prize winners.
2. Stories of first, second and third prize will be put up on the website of CIE and will be recommended to media on and off-campus. Those stories/essays/poems will be collected in Stories of International Students in ECUST to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the founding of ECUST.