2022 ECUST Admission Guide for International Graduates
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health, with a valid degree （Bachelor’s degree for Master applicants, Master’s degree for Ph.D. applicants）.
2. Applicants should meet the language requirements
Chinese-taught Program: minimum requirements of HSK 5 for 210 or HSK 6 for 180. Those who’ve been granted bachelor or master’s degree from a Chinese-taught program at a Chinese university can apply for exemption from HSK scores.
English-taught Program: minimum requirements of TOEFL 80, or IELTS 6.0, or provide proof of English-taught program during previous degree. Native English speakers do not need to submit the English Proficiency Certificate.
Ⅱ Application Deadline
1. For scholarship program: 10th April, 2022.
2. For self-sponsored program: 20th June, 2022.
Ⅲ Program List
Ⅳ Program Duration
The program duration for master students is 2.5-3 years, with a maximum of 5 years; the course credits are valid for 5 years since the enrollment.
The program duration for Ph.D. students is 3-4 years, with a maximum of 6 years; the course credits are valid for 6 years since the enrollment.
Ⅴ Language Requirements for Graduation
Upon graduation, Chinese-taught program students must hold an HSK5 certificate or above, English-taught program students an HSK3 certificate or above.
Ⅵ Application Checklist
1. Copy of passport photo page.
2. Copy of graduation and degree certificate of the highest education.
** Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official document issued by the current school to prove the current study status and expected graduation date. If applicants are admitted, a scan copy of the graduation and degree certificate shall be sent before registration.
3. Transcripts of all courses at the highest academic level.
4. Proof of Chinese or English language proficiency （HSK score obtained on and after September 1st 2020 is valid.）
5. Acceptance Letter （Please be sure to upload if any. ）
6. Two Recommendation Letters in English or Chinese from Professor or Associate Professor.
** Recommendation Letters should be issued after 1st September 2021 and contain the following information: title, institute, contact information, e-mail and signature of the referee.
7. A Study Plan with a minimum of 800 words and a detailed Research Proposal if prepared.
8. Other supporting documents. （e.g. published papers, awards & certificates）
9. Non-criminal Record Certificate. If applicant is unable to get one at home country, please sign Non-criminal Record Affirmation. International students studying in China can submit a certificate of no bad performance issued by university.
10. Statement of Financial Support.
11. Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The original form should be kept by applicants. The physical examination must cover all of the items listed in the form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please plan your physical examination schedule carefully as the result is valid for only 6 months.
** Visit "Download-Application" to download 9/10/11 forms.
** Only accept Chinese or English documents, if not, notarized copy of Chinese or English translation shall be provided.
In addition to the above application documents, supplementary documents shall be provided when necessary. Application documents will not be returned, whether the application is successful or not.
Ⅶ Scholarship Programs
1. Chinese Government Scholarship（CGS）
Type A: Bilateral Program/ ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship （ACYLS）/ EU Program/ AUN Program/ China-Africa Friendship Program, etc.
（1） Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country for CGS opportunities;
（2） Contact College of International Education to obtain a Pre-Admission Notice;
（3） Visit CGS Information Management System for International Students to submit the online application, select East China University of Science and Technology for Application Institution I, submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities before the deadline, download the <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> and sign for confirmation,
Type B: Chinese University Program/ Belt and Road Program/ Sino-American Degree-study Scholarship Program, etc.
Visit CGS Information Management System for International Students to submit the online application （The agency number of East China University of Science and Technology is 10251）, download the application form and sign for confirmation.
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship（SGS）
Visit Study in Shanghai Website to submit application online, download the <Shanghai Government Scholarship Application form for International Student> and sign for confirmation.
3. ECUST President Scholarship （Only for PhD Students）
Please be sure to mark out “I also would like to apply for ECUST President Scholarship” in Section Ⅵ of Application Checklist –No 7. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
* Before uploading all scholarship application forms to ECUST online system, please make sure all of them have been signed.
* Please refer to the CGS official website and the notice from your home country’s local international student dispatch department which is in charge of CGS opportunity, to learn more about application details and requirements of CGS-Type A.
* The information of CGS-Type B, SGS and ECUST President Scholarship will be notified separately.
Ⅷ Application Procedures
1. Submit application online.
Visit ECUST online application system, register, select “Online Application- Self-sponsored- Doctoral Student/ Master Student”, and submit application documents according to the system prompts. Scholarship applicants need to upload the corresponding scholarship application forms.
* All applicants （self-sponsored or scholarship） are requested to submit application as Self-sponsored. Each applicant applies only once, so please do not make duplicate applications.
* Please fill in the "Education Background", "Employment Background", "3 Recent Visas to China" （if any） according to the actual situation.
2. Pay the application fee of 600 CNY.
If you are unable to pay online, please transfer the application fee to ECUST official bank account and upload the remittance receipt in the system before submitting your application.
* The application is invalid if the application fee has not been paid. Once paid, the application fee will not be refunded.
Ⅸ Evaluation and Admission
1. ECUST adheres to the principles of fairness, impartiality, and openness, and selects international graduates by adopting the "application- evaluation” method. After receiving the documents, College of International Education will review and arrange an interview, after which excellent applicants will be selected and sent to school for professional academic review.
2. Applicants can check their application status through ECUST online system. ECUST will issue admission notices and visa application form to the admitted applicants.
3. Applicants should ensure the authenticity and accuracy of the application information and application documents provided. Once the Admission Office or the Certification Department verifies that any documents are not true, the student will not be admitted or the study qualification will be cancelled.
1. After admission, students may not register at two universities at the same time, which will result in cancellation of their study status.
2. Students must register in the duration specified by the university. If fail to report to the university after the deadline, students will be regarded as having automatically given up their student status and will be disqualified from receiving the scholarship.
3. Bring the original relevant certificates and supporting materials for inspection when you register.
4. Scholarship winners are required to participate in the annual scholarship review. Students who fail in the review will have their scholarship eligibility suspended or cancelled; also, major or study period are not allowed to be changed.
Ⅺ Fees and Payment
Application Fee：600 CNY
1. Master Program
Chinese-taught Program：28000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：34000 CNY /Year
Major of Arts： 30000 CNY /Year
2. Doctoral Program
Chinese-taught Program：35000 CNY /Year
English-taught Program：42900 CNY /Year
Insurance Fee：800 CNY /Year
Accommodation Fee：9800 CNY/Semester
1. Online Payment
WeChat Pay/ Ali Pay
Visa/ Master/ Jcb （Handling fees at your own expense）
2. Bank Transfer
Account Names：EAST CHINA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Bank Name：AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA, Xuhui District, Caoxi Sub-branch
Bank Address：No.30 Tian Yao Qiao Road, Shanghai, China
Remittance Remarks：Application Number
* 1 US Dollar≈6.3 RMB, equivalent US dollar remittance is accepted.
* Annual tuition fee should be paid upon registration at the beginning of each academic year.
Ⅻ Contact Us
Admission and Academic Affairs Office
College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 106 Lizhi Building, 130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, 200237, P.R. China
Postal code: 200237
Tel: 0086-21-64253279 /64253709