2018 ECUST President Scholarship Program
I. SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORIES
Type A (Full Scholarship) ---for Doctoral Programs
The scholarship will fund the recipients to cover their full tuition, comprehensive medical insurance, on-campus accommodation, and provide a monthly living allowance of 3500RMB for Doctoral students during their regular study period.
Type B (Partial Scholarship) ---for Master Programs
The scholarship will fund the recipients to cover their full tuition and comprehensive medical insurance during their regular study period.
*Applicants majoring in first-class disciplines will be given top priority.
II. APPLICATION DEADLINE AND PROCEDURES
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2018.
1. Applicants shall log on http://apply.ecust.edu.cn, apply online and upload required documents, then download the application form and send together with the other application documents directly to College of International Education, ECUST.
2. The application materials will be reviewed by College of International Education. And the results will be announced in June at http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/and the notice of receipt of the Scholarship will be sent to the winners.
1. Citizens with foreign nationalities and in good health;
2. Abide by the Chinese government’s laws, rules and regulations and school regulatory framework;
3. Study earnestly with excellent academic performance;
4. Applicants for the Doctorate program shall already have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
Applicants for a Master program shall already have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
5. Applicants shall not receive any other types of scholarships at the time of application.
IV. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Application Form for ECUST International Students.
Register on ECUST International Students Admission System http://apply.ecust.edu.cn, choose ECUST Presidential Scholarship and then Doctoral or Master Program for online application, print the application form with signature on it.
2. Notarized highest diploma and certificate.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English; students at school should provide the proof of expected diploma.
3. Personal Statement with no less than 1000 words for master degree applicants and 1500 for doctoral applicants. Content should cover academic background, work experience, academic achievement and master or doctorate study plan, personal development goals after graduation, etc.
4. Original recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or assistant professors.
5. Copies of certificate of HSK4 or above for Chinese-taught programs.
6. Proof of English proficiency for English-taught programs.
7. Already published paper title, abstract and other certificates and materials that can prove academic achievement and research ability.
8. Valid passport copy.
9. Physical Examination Record (within 6 months)
1) Please send above-mentioned documents in duplicate to College of International Education, ECUST by post before May 15th. Whether or not the application is successful, the application documents will not be returned.
2) Please provide a valid email address in the application form for contact.
Recipients of the scholarship shall register at the university on time. Otherwise the scholarship will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered to have automatically abandoned their scholarships.
VI. Final interpretation of this detailed implementation is a right reserved by the College of International Education.
VII. Contact Us
Admissions Office, College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 104, Chenyuan Building
130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, P.R. China, 200237
Tel: 0086-21- 64253279