2017 ECUST'Shanghai Government Scholarship'Program
According to the Interim Regulations of Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students (hereafter referred to as the Scholarship), this detailed implementation for international students in ECUST has hereby been set forth.
I .SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORIES
The Shanghai Government Scholarships (SGS) is classified into A and B types.
Type A (Full Scholarship) ---for master and doctor
The scholarship will fund the recipients to cover their full tuition, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical Insurance and provide a monthly living allowance of 3000RMB/M for Master-degree student and 3500RMB/M for Doctoral student during their regular study period.
Type B (Partial Scholarship) ---for bachelor, master and doctor
The scholarship will fund the recipients to cover their full tuition during their regular study period.
II.APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15th, 2017.
III. APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND EVALUATION
Applicants shall log on http://www.study-shanghai.org/Scholarship_en.asp, apply online and upload required documents, then download the application form and send together with the other application documents directly to College of International Education, ECUST.
The results will be announced in the middle of June at http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/and the notice of receipt of the Scholarship will be sent to the winners.
IV. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Citizens with foreign nationalities and in good health;
2. Abide by the Chinese government’s laws, rules and regulations and school regulatory framework;
3. Study earnestly with good results;
4. Applicants for the Doctorate program shall already have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
Applicants for a Master program shall already have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
Applicants for a Bachelor program shall already have a High school’s degree and be under the age of 25;
5.Applicants shall not receive other scholarships offered by Chinese government at the time of application.
V. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Two copies of Application Form of Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students downloaded from http://www.study-shanghai.org/Scholarship_en.aspafter successful online application;
2. Notarized highest education diploma and transcript, in notarized Chinese or English copies;
3. Personal Statement with no less than 1000 words for master degree applicants and 1500 for doctoral applicants. Content should cover academic background, work experience, academic achievement and master or doctorate study plan, personal development goals after graduation, etc.;
4. Already published paper title, abstract and other certificates and material that can attest to academic achievement and research ability;
5. Letters of recommendation from two professors or assistant professors;
6. HSK certificate (for Chinese-taught programs);
7. Valid passport copy;
8. Physical Examination Record
Recipients of the scholarship shall register at the university on time. Otherwise the scholarship will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered to have automatically abandoned their studies.
VII. The University will submit copies of the application material to the Shanghai Education Committee for registration one month after the evaluation.
VIII. Final interpretation of this detailed implementation is a right reserved by the College of International Education.
Admission Office, College of International Education
East China University of Science and Technology
Room 104, Chenyuan Building
130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, P.R. China, 200237
Tel: 0086-21- 64253279