Insurance Information for International Students in ECUST
1. All international students are required to join the insurance program
Degree students, language students and exchange students who will study in ECUST for six months or more are required to purchase insurance which covers death insurance, accidental disability insurance, medical insurance of accidental injury and hospitalization and medical insurance in China. It’s provided by Ping An Annuity Insurance Company. The insurance of Chinese government scholarship students is purchased by the China Scholarship Council. The insurance of Shanghai government scholarship students and ECUST President scholarship students is purchased by the school.
2. For international students who have already purchased insurance
The international students who have already purchased insurance in their own countries are still required to purchase insurance in China. The international students who have already purchased insurance in China are required to submit the original copy of insurance receipt and to sign for Letter of Commitment.
3. Insurance fee
Ping An Insurance Company of China provides the international students with insurance programs, which costs 800 RMB one year and 400 RMB for half a year.
II. Insurance Services
1. Students who purchase insurance will receive a document outlining the insurance contents. Please read this carefully in order to understand what is covered and what is not covered by the insurance.
2. Students who purchase insurance will receive an insurance card. If you feel unwell or would like medical advice, treatment recommendations or reimbursement information, please call 400-810-5119 (listed on the card) and select option 1 for English service. This hotline is operated 24 hours.
3. For further information, please visit United China International’s webpage: http://www. lhgj.net
1. Any previous medical history or congenital disorders are not covered by this insurance plan.Chronic illnesses will only be covered for the first year after onset. Any legal fees incurred because of illegal behaviour are not covered.
2. International student insurance covers public hospital expenses (excluding international departments) and regular outpatient service expenses. It does not cover private hospitals or special needs wards, foreigners’ wards, senior cadres’ wards, VIP wards, etc in public hospitals.
3. The insurance does not cover the deposit for hospitalization. Thus, students are expected to pay this themselves.
4. Effective date of this insurance is on Aug 25th and Feb 25th, not the purchasing time.
College of International Education, ECUST